Dvd-soon shipping rates

john R1

Ex Member
Reaction score
not sure how many people have signed up to the fidelity card ? but have noticed there new shipping rate is now only $1.49 cad for the first title almost half to the old postage cost

john R1 said:
not sure how many people have signed up to the fidelity card ? but have noticed there new shipping rate is now only $1.49 cad for the first title almost half to the old postage cost

And has anyone noticed that they are now doubling up on the dvd's per envelope?
Coupled with them putting the prediscounted price on the label you are just asking to get stung by Customs.

Just paid £7.63 charges on two dvds that I paid less than £16 for :mad:

Sick Boy said:
Think they always bundle the same order in one delivery, if they can source it all around the same time . Seperate orders should be ok.

I disagree, been with DVDSoon for a a couple of years and it's the first time they've done it to me.
It may be more likely but as they pay the postage for card holders, not entirely out of the question as they would be saving money.

Dreamdog said:
Coupled with them putting the prediscounted price on the label you are just asking to get stung by Customs.

You should be able to claim some of that money back, check out the Customs/Importing/Charges page, someone on there managed to get some money refunded as the price on the package should have been the discounted price and not the price DVDSoon wrote as the value.

Thanks, I was just reading it.
Think I'll wait unit the others in transit arrive first though, just in case I have to add to the letter. :rolleyes:

Just like to add that out of the last two orders I had outstanding with several dvds on each (both of which spent weeks "in packaging" ) only two were consolidated out of 14 dvds.

Maybe I have just been luck for the last couple of years but don't thinks so.
Maybe it's not too late to buy that Lottery ticket!

Dreamdog said:

I remember ordering 2 GC games that I paid extra for part shipping so that they wouldn't be shipped together. However, they shipped them both meaning the pack was worth £52. Lucjily though they marked down the pack to $22 Cdn, or £10. Recently had RE4 delivered that cost £28 and was marked as such. Must be lucky as I have never been caught so far and have had 30 seperate packages, (40 items), sent by dvdsoon. Plus others sent from USA, Australia, Hong Kong etc. basically, the risks are small, but they are there. If you buy a lot the odd charges that you pay are insignificant to getting items months early and cheaper than in the Uk. :)

Dreamdog said:
Thanks, I was just reading it.
Think I'll wait unit the others in transit arrive first though, just in case I have to add to the letter. :rolleyes:

Just like to add that out of the last two orders I had outstanding with several dvds on each (both of which spent weeks "in packaging" ) only two were consolidated out of 14 dvds.

Maybe I have just been luck for the last couple of years but don't thinks so.
Maybe it's not too late to buy that Lottery ticket!

All my orders over the past year (free shipping time period only) came in one delivery. 2 or 3 dvd's in each order. Except the last one that has taken about 3 months to deliver a total of 3 dvd's. Always kept the order under £18.

I suppose they might have just split the orders over £18 knowing of the custom regulations for UK. Can't blame them for stopping this if that's the case. Easy enough for the customer to order each item seperately.

My Resident Evil 4 was sent Monday should be marked as £20 still over the limit i am hopeful i wont get stung, never have so far when ordering from DVDSoon or any foreign site for that matter

Only time was when i ordered a cable which was sent UPS but you cant avoid if sent Via UPS

i have always ordered every dvd separatly and while this means lots of envelopes i have not had a problem with them putting orders togther

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom