1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon Returns, Vouchers etc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by stevegreen, Nov 14, 2003.

1. stevegreen

May 14, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    in my Hymer
    I ordered the Indiana Jones Box Set from DVD Soon and had a problem with one of the discs which meant that I had to send it back.

I was expecting a straight replacement to be sent out with the postage credited to my account, but what they actually did was email me telling me that they would not be sending a replacement and had given me two vouchers to use.

The vouchers are great, easy to use etc, but there is one slight niggle.

I bought the box set for $62,98 CAD and it cost me about £6 to send it back to them. They credited me with two vouchers, one for $63.98 CAD and one for abour $15 CAD.

Now the proviso with the vouchers is that you can spend over the voucher amount and complete the transaction with a credit card but you can not use under the voucher amount. You can also not use both vouchers together, so, to get my Indiana box set replaced I have had to buy another DVD (as the voucher is for $1 CAD more than the price of the box set)

So, the end result is that I have ordered X Men 2 with the one voucher ($15 CAD + extra payment) and a replacement Indy box set along with another DVD just so I could use the voucher.

This seems slightly unfair to me as it's not my fault that the disc was faulty, it's good business for DVD Soon obviously.

Have I missed something on the site or is this the way that they always handle returns? Anyone else had a similar experience?