DVD Soon/PSP News!!!!!!!

stormjai said:
:mad: Mine also "on order"

ordered 19th Feb!

hope they get to those as well!!??

February 18th, and I very much doubt that they only sent the items after we made a fuss. I hadn't put my complaint in yet, and the chances are that they are just working through the list.

I asked the Royal Mail about the tracking number - not one they use. Apparently *they say* there's another number that they can track it with, obviously one we don't have. So it's a case of waiting - however I would imagine it may arrive tomorrow or Monday - customs pending.

Fingers x'd - First person to receive one, please post and let us all know ? ?

I'm expecting it on Monday as well, although I did cntemplate it coming today, or even tomorrow. It is a courier service after all and should in theory take less time than the usual 4-5 days.

Sadmuppet said:
We don't REALLY know if all the "grief" we've given them helped or not - if we hadn't, maybe we still would be complaining.

I'm certain it did. They were obviously desperate for people to cancel the pre-orders. If it's true that they were forced to sell with a game (which Sony have denied), then they only had to ask for the additional cost of the game which most of us would have been prepared to pay.

I believe we owe a major debt of gratitude to sadmuppet for helping to co-ordinate the response via Canadian 'Trading Standards' :clap: :clap: :clap:

I see there has been over 20,500 hits on the original thread, thats real consumer power, and a lot of people who now have the measure of DVD Soon.

Games Guru said:
It might just be me I don't know, but I just ordered Yoshi touch and go for NDS from dvd soon (i've forgiven them and feel guilty for the nasty emails i've sent) and found $25 store credit on my account! :eek:

It must have been their way of saying sorry, so used that and the discount voucher and got the game for $12 canadian! :thumbsup:

Anyone else got store credit on their account?

No, it's most likely just another example of their incompetence. There's some poor sod out there who's wondering where his $25 is gone. Just like there's someone waiting for their Emma Shapplin DVD-A that DVD Soon sent me:thumbsdow (Who the **** is Emma Shapplin anyway?)

There's no reason to feel guilty for insisting that your contractual rights were honoured :).

Normal DVDsoon delivery is 4 - 5 days. I expect t sometime next week. Not that happy they have upgraded to courier. Certain to get caught for customs now :rolleyes:

My personal record from DVD Soon is 2 days - so it's hard to say - it's all down to customs.

Peridot said:
I believe we owe a major debt of gratitude to sadmuppet for helping to co-ordinate the response via Canadian 'Trading Standards'
I'm almost blushing ;) Seriously, it's no more (I hope) than anyone else would have done with the right contacts, but thanks for the appreciation.

Most DVDsoon items are getting caught by customs anyway, so I don't think it's going to make any difference. It's just that, with courier shipping, we'll get caught sooner, and hence get to play it sooner!

Another :thumbsup: for sadmuppet from me as well.

Big help!

Cheers mate.

We're not out of the woods yet. I'm not going to feel at ease until my psp is sitting on my lap.

Hi amigos,

Just to say a big thankyou to all of you for all your posts, i've been sat here silently, reading your posts daily and it's finally paid off. The deal's been honured, a PSP for £105 what a steal.

For those who were wondering,

I ordered the PSP on the Feb. 18, 2005
and it was shipped Apr. 13, 2005

Rikki

Also ordered 18th Feb, shipped 13th April. Still, have had my PSP for almost 2 weeks now so I'm in no real rush. Not too sure what to do with it at the moment.

harrisuk said:
Not that happy they have upgraded to courier. Certain to get caught for customs now :rolleyes:

To be honest I'm happy that they have. When I ordered it I just clicked through on the standard delivery and only thought afterwards that I'd have little comeback if it went missing in the post.

With the number of things that have been lost in transit, both to and from me in recent months, it was a serious worry.

I'm hoping that the courier delivery will be a bit more secure and, as everything I've ordered from overseas in the last six months has been through customs, I reckon the chance of avoiding the additional charges was practically nil.

Just hope there isn't a whopping great 'processing fee' added though.

I'm with Peridot - simply as I have 13 missing packages at the moment (Post Office complaint already put in!)

Not to mention 3 recorded deliveries have been delivered elsewhere instead of to my home AND not signed for either!!!

Wouldn't want this to be casualty #14 after this wait!

The post office realy are terrible, i haven't had to sign for a recorded delivery item for months!

It's worrying but it saves me having to go to town or wait indoors all saturday morning. If only they would leave things with a neighbor like other couriers!

ipod crazy said:
. If only they would leave things with a neighbor like other couriers!

That can work well and I am fortunate to have neighbours on each side who are happy to take in my deliveries. Sometimes their knock on the door is the first knowledge I have of the delivery, as the courier hasn't bothered to leave a card in my letterbox.

However I had one courier recently leave a 'signed for' parcel in a house set in flats, four doors down on the opposite side of the road. Fortunately, he did leave a card, but it took me eight days to get an answer at the door of the house and find the parcel abandoned in the communal hallway.

Personally, I prefer them to return the delivery to their depot and let me collect it when convienent.

Mine's "packaging" :thumbsup:

I ordered on 19th Feb

Anybody who receives, let us know, and how much for "customs and processing"?

Cheers

Jai

My psp is also packaging, I ordered on the 27th Feb. :)

Looks like patience is a virtue. A virtue I do not have, sourced one from somewhere else and will sell this one coming. Still I still get by bargain psp.

DVDSoon's handling of this has been awful. They were in no way willing to accomodate there customers. I offered to pay the extra cost of a game in order to get my psp, they were having none of it. Even though they have eventually honoured the transaction, I will not be using them again! :thumbsdow

Looks like patience is a virtue. A virtue I do not have, sourced one from somewhere else and will sell this one coming. Still I still get by bargain psp.

Your not alone there :rolleyes: Few of us in the same boat. How many of these things are going to end up in the classifieds section ? Failing that you can get £190 - £200 for them at least on feebay :thumbsup:

Personally I havent quite decided what to do with it yet. If it comes through without customs I might actually keep it :)

anyone's psp come through yet?

Games Guru said:
anyone's psp come through yet?
Not yet - but the movies they sent on Friday arrived today. (PSP Shipped on Wed).

Bloody Post Office...........

Its the size of the package. Had this before, small packets are normally good 2 - 5 days on average from Canada /US.

Bigger packages can be 10 - 14 days via nno expedited airmail in my experience. Umd movies are nice for £5 arent they :)

I ordered mine on the 1st March 2005 - just had an email from DVD soon to say that its now in the packaging stage and will be shipped within 48 hours

see below.

Dear Sir:

You will be happy to hear that product is now in packaging status, which
means it will ship in the next 48 hours. You should be receiving it
shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, please do
not hesitate to contact us.

Jacqueline Nelson
Customer Service
DVDSoon.com

Hopefully this will help others who did not order the value pack when it was first online at DVD soon.

Oh and i paid £105.00 for it (value pack) CANT WAIT TO GET IT - I AM SICK OF STARING AT THE GAMES THAT ARE ON MY DESK BUT CANT BE PLAYED YET.

mine is out for delivery today, ordered 16 Feb so been a while.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom