1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon price changes

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by mykl1971, May 21, 2004.

1. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just doing my twice-weekly check on the current prices of DVDs I want to get in the future (sad, I know) - as usual DVD Soon have increased and decreased nearly all of the titles, and in some cases the change has been significant.

I can understand changes for non-Canadian buyers i.e. exchange rates, but surely Canadians must get p'ed off with it ?

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always thought that the Magic 8-ball plays a big part in DVDSoon's pricing. :laugh:

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +931
    I've just cancelled and reordered my current on-order titles. Althought one hasd gone up 4$ I'll wait a while to see if it drops. I had the misfortune of having them on one big order so had to cancel the entire order as the individual option seems to have gone again :(. I've reordered as indivual orders ot make it easier next time

4. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +406
    Just checked my order and a few dvds have gone down in price but my order is at the packing process even though some are pre-orders. I take it I cannot cancel at this point in order to re-order and get the dvds cheaper.

In order to prevent this do you have to order every disk on its own as stated above or are dvdsoon nice and charge you less if there is a price drop like play/amazon.

Thanks for any info

Cebs

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I orderded the Monster Legacy Boxset on May 5th (still in the pending stage :mad: ) and it was $90 can. It's now gone down to $73 can...but the difference in £££ sterling is only £3... :confused:
    I'm banking on getting hit by customs for this as well, which will send the price through the £50 mark...however, Movietyme and Lasersedge are charging £50 for it in the first place, then postage on top of that (Lasers edge postage equates to £20!!)
    I don't complain to much about their prices...LOTR:ROTK is working out at £9.50 at the moment with free postage...no one on the net comes anywhere near that... :thumbsup:

6. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    E.R. Season 2 was £18.17 so I was waitting for a rate change under the customs limit. Just looked back and DVD Soon have put the price up :eek:
    £24.77. Next time I will move a little quicker :rolleyes:

7. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9

I have ordered mine & I think it works out to be just over £6 price drop
    not a bad box set for £30.45 (C & E not included!!!) It will probably top the £40 mark

8. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9

this has now gone up to $109.98. I was lucky to get it at $74
    there prices do seem to change quite a lot, just have to keep an eye out for the best deals :thumbsup:

9. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mines STILL at the pending stager with it stillshowing "on order 3 - 5 days"...I've e mailed them and all they seem to do is send me a link to my order...now why didn't I think of looking under the "may account" link... :suicide:

Do they think I'm stupid...(answers on a postcard only folks...;) )

Anybody had a ML Boxset delivered from DVD Soon in the past 2 weeks...?

10. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I had one of those for 3 months. I cancelled, then 2 months later it became "in stock". I re-ordered and it took about a month to arrive.

I seem to have some sort of problem with EVERY dvdsoon order I make.

But they are cheap, and when I got a faulty disc, they resent without asking me to return it.