DVD Soon...is it just me?

D

doncorleone

Oh the irony of the name

Is it just me or is dvd soon really sloooowwww? I appreciate they are cheap and so dont mind waiting a bit longer. Maybe I'm too used to the brilliant amazon and 'does exactly what it says on the tin' play

But the two orders ive put through, preordered finding nemo (didnt ship for ages and didnt recieve until around two weeks after release date)

And now foo fighters and u2 live, ordered them 28th november and still bloody processing. Admitadely it says takes 1-2 weeks on U2 but ive found with amazon they say that and then it ships in about 24 hours!

What are other peoples experiences?

Fine. Ordered Alias season 2 for the cheapest price i could find and it arrived in less than a week.

Ordered finding nemo the other day and i received an email telling me its shipped today.

In all honesty I've used them 3 times & had on the doorsep around 7/8 days which I thought was ok.

It seems they're getting quicker. Usually it takes about a week for DVD's to arrive. I ordered Young Guns Special Edition back last week. It dispatched on Saturday and I had it on Tueday morning.

I agree with lentini - they seem to have got quicker in recent weeks. I received Alias S2 in 3 days (from email confirmation), received LXG last week (10 days before it's release date), and typically pre-orders always seem to arrive at least a few days before the release date.

I have found that DVDsoon offer pretty much the cheapest prices around and as a result I don't mind waiting the 7-10 days deliver usually takes.

The problem I have with them is that their billing procedure is a law unto its self. I once ordered a disc from them at a certain price but the price I was billed was several dollars more. I got the extra sum refunded eventually by using words like 'fraud' and 'scandalous' in my emails but that's not the point really. Now I'm in the position of waiting for a returned (incorrect) item to be replaced by them, the thing is the item I was after is now $6CAD more expensive than it was at the time I ordered it and I can see them kicking up a fuss about it.

They used to be my onestop shop for DVDs purchases but because of their questionable billing behaviour they aren't any longer.

I've had Seven Samurai packing since 27th November, Sherlock Holmes #2 ordered Weds arrived Monday !!!

Ordered 9 dvd's in the last 5 weeks and all arrived within 5 days

Mine arrive in a week, or less, and when you win the quarterly sweepstake, and didn`t even realise you were in it, its a nice box on the doorstep for free too :)

At the prices they do, with no hint of import tax, and great packing, I think they`re the best deal for me, IMHO.

Spoony.

Pre -ordered Finding Nemo & Pirates of the Carribean....Nemo took 9 days to arrive (4 days after release date), but could have been down to the postal strike. Pirates 6 days (day before release date)

Very cheap, I compared prices with MT with 4 dvds and DVDsoon were 27% cheaper.......:smashin:

Doncorleone, Im on the same boat with the U2 live. Ordered the 3th December, and still "pending". But it says "3-5 days", but it is taking a bit more than that ...

With me the last few orders have been no more than 4 - 5 days from going into packaging to arriving on my door.

:clap: :hiya:

It may be worth you dropping them an e-mail, quoting your order number. I ordered Alien Quadriolgy on 29th November, and it showed itself pending/packing for about 4 days. I e-mailed them and asked what the hold up was and they replied (pretty quickly) that a ststem problem had occured with many orders placed over that weekend, and that they needed to 'release' the order from processing. This they did, and 16 hours later it was shipped and arrived on 6th December!!

So give them an e-mail just in case your's is stuck too!

These's an easy solution if you want your dvds quicker; get them somewhere else & pay more, or select a faster shipping option & pay for it.
Me, as long as the prices stay sweet, they can take as long as they like - I know I couldn't get them from Canada, free, any quicker myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom