1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon "In Packaging" delays

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by FIZZBIN2003, Dec 31, 2004.

1. FIZZBIN2003

FIZZBIN2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I use these online retailers a lot especially now I've got the Fidelity Card and the 25% discount is making me buy my DVD quota for the next two months but...

I've had two titles listed as "In Packaging" for three weeks now. :(

Surely "In Packaging" means someone is in the process of putting the disc into an envelope with my address on and putting it in the mailbox?

If it's not then shouldn't they be listed as "Pending"?

Slighty confused by this... :rolleyes:

2. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I've had my two films in packaging for about 6 weeks now.
    I'am glad they weren't doing my Christmas presents.

Dave.

3. Jez

Jez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its xmas-new yr people are are entitled to a break :)

4. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +406
    Hi guys

the 25% sale is making me buy loads at present but I also have a bunch as stuck stuck in packing and pre-ordered that wasn't shipped until after the 18th or yet but I have asked them to apply the discount but as yet had no joy so I cancelled the ones I could and re-ordered but I was a bit angry about the other stuff.

Has anyone else had the same problem and got any joy?
    My lesson is to order things 1 at a time from them now on.

Also the best deal I have found is SAW for 5.7, cheaper than 1 ticket in the cinema !

Happy New Year and I will need more time off to enjoy my 20+ order of new dvds real soon !!!

Cebs

5. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    How long before theres a thread titled

"DVD Soon in administration"?

6. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Crazy bunch we are :laugh: Will January the 6th be DVDSoons Goodbye Day.
    Just how many customers have paid the $49 membership + $300/$400 on pre-orders and current orders :blush: :clown:

Oh well sure it will hurt less than it being my first week in prison and having to pick the soap bar up inthe shower twice a day :eek: :rolleyes:

7. Chrisw2k

Chrisw2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That means it's in a big pile waiting to be packed and shipped, they have said that they are currently sending 5000 packages a day (they also had over 50000 orders in December), if you ask on their forum at dvd swaps they can normally push it through quicker but at the moment they customer serice rep is on holiday until the 10th Jan so you will have to wait for a response from them.

8. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dvdslow, they must be trained monkeys in packaging, or very old monkeys that are slow.
    I have had 2 dvds in transit for 3 weeks, 2 in packaging for 2 weeks, and 2 shipped nov 31st and 1st december and still not have received them yet.and finally my last moan :mad: is tracking numbers why have tracking numbers attached to your shipped order as it is not a signed for service at delivery to customer so how does this work dvdsoon get your act together, its the customer that keeps your company going. :thumbsdow :(

9. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    exactly, low staff numbers due to the holidays (it'd only sit at customs once they posted it otherwise), and the 25% off has produced a huge backlog.

10. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are cheap though and i dont mind the wait, but air mail or pigeon post.
    Yes i know they must be very busy xmas time.

11. Maki

Maki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I ordered three older titles three weeks before Christmas, I didn't expect to see them before then. However, one came the week after I ordered and the last two Christmas Eve. Not bad I would say.
    I am not keen on the idea of the fidelity card, I have to say.I would much sooner just have the free postage all the time and I can buy as much or as little as I want.
    I cannot see why people get so hot under the collar when they do not deliver within a couple of weeks, lets face it these people are as cheap as it gets, just enjoy that, you will get your discs.

12. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The way i see is (especially with this 25% off) they are mega mega cheap so having to wait longer is a small price to pay, at the end of the day why moan? you have the choice pay less wait longer pay more from someone else get it quickly

No brainer really.

13. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please do not get me wrong yes they are cheap and yes i dont mind the wait but there are a lot of people in this and other forums, where there stuff has not arrived.
    But they use tracking numbers these dont make sense as it is not a signed for service :)