1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Soon, How Soon?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by forrestgump, Aug 10, 2004.

1. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    We are all ranting and raving about DVD Soon, ordered a load of dvd's on 4/07/04, no sign of them, what's the crack anyone?

I have over 300 dvd's, bought from play, cdwow and others, NONE of them take this long!!!

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I have over 700 DVDs, of the 100+ ordered from DVD Soon they took an average of 5 working days to arrive once shipped, sometimes 2 days, and once 10 days. On more than one occasion they have shipped a R1 disc on the same day as a R2 disc from Play, and it has arrived first.

If they weren't in stock with DVD Soon at the time of ordering then it'll take as long as it takes to get stock. As noted elsewhere, "In Stock" means in stock with their supplier. I would imagine that one of the reasons DVD Soon offer such keen pricing (I have yet to see them beaten on ANY of the R1 titles I have bought over the last 2 years) is that they carry little or nothing in stock to minimise overheads.

3. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thats all well and good. but try telling that to the many people who bought TEENWOLF in JUNE, yes JUNE and are STILL waiting for it.
    DVDSoon are becoming the new Splashdvd. remember them? They were cheap too!

4. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Cancel your order then! It's in stock at DVD Pacific for £2-00ish more than 'Soon (don't) have it for - then add a little bit extra to your 'Soon store credit and buy Kill Bill 2 (mine arrived in 5 days) or a tenner more and get the complete series of V (4 days delivery, on my mat this evening).

Comparing 'Soon to Splash is a bit extreme init? In my experience with 'Soon new titles arrive almost instantly, it's only their special offer titles that take a while to arrive, but that's websites like this one's fault (gawd bless them :thumbsup: ) I didn't care that Spaceballs took 3weeks to get here when I was paying less than 4quid delivered for it. When their special offers get so much press it's no wonder they get a rush on 'em.

Dan

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,238
    Moved to DVD talk.

6. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    My Kill Bill2 was sent last thursday, and I got it monday morning.

Also I ordered some of the promo` dvd`s, that were out of stock, they took 3 weeks to arrive, but I expected that, but two months! :nono:

Anyway, I have ordered alot from them, and never had a problem with delivery, unlike three others I could mention <cough>

Spoony.

7. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm still waiting for Bubba Ho-Tep from DVD Soon, ordered 16/7. I'll give them one more week, although I will have to pay at least an extra £2 to get it elsewhere. This is the first time I have had issue with an order, having been using them for well over 2 years.

8. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy from DVD Pacific after they got their customer credit card database hacked/stolen?? NO THANKS.

9. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to have offended you. BUY FROM SOMEONE ELSE THEN.

DVD Pricecheck

As much as I love DVDSoon's prices I wouldn't leave anything on order for 2months just to save two quid!

And I didn't think it had been proven that that credit card leak had happened at DVD Pacific's end? People must use the same credit card all over the place so gawd knows who's stole it from where, or whether it's a Trojan on your own machine or whatever. Until a) DVD Pacific put their hands up or b) somebody that has only ever switched their computer on to buy stuff from DVDP gets funnystuff appearing on their bill (and neither are likely) it's only conjecture. I won't ignore Pacific's brilliant prices on hearsay, as much as I won't ignore Soon's really brilliant prices because sometimes their discs (Spaceballs = 3weeks) takes a little while longer than normal (5 days) to arrive.

Dan.

10. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    well my Highlander dvd finally arrived. after shipping it took approx 5 days to arrive, it was just waiting for stock which took such a long time.

has anyone noticed the price hike recently too? The highlander dvd has risen by $5 since i bought it, and the nightmare on elm street collection has risen by $20 in a week..

11. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Don't forget that dvdsoon are a Canadian based company, whereas Play are based on Jersey. I have orded some 20 or so times, including multiple packages and have never waited longer than 7-10 days from the shipping date. Waiting for stock can sometimes be the cause fo delay. Personally I'm happy to wait if it saves me money. The average dvd release is just £11 including free del. Can't grumble with that. Compere that to Plays prices of £15 average. For every 3 dvd's bought on Play, you can afford 4 from dvdsoon. Plus dvdsoon will often have dvds months before Play as obviously they sell the USA versions. All in all DvdSoon are by far and the best company for dvds IMO.

12. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    With respect, to quote your good self from another thread - "WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE??" ;) DVD Pacific have categorically stated that there has been no breach of security on their website, and that their customer database has not been compromised. I am also a DVD Pacific customer, and I have had no problems with my credit card.

13. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont care about evidence. Its not my position to find evidence. I read this on several forums and I'd rather not take the risk thanks. Just like id rather not take the risk ordering from BlahDVD

14. darthbane2k

darthbane2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  15. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    i bought cheap discs off dvd soon, why advertise summat you do not have?stuff at $5.00, new titles I buy off cd wow normally as they always put you a voucher in each shipment for 50p off your next purchase, play are rip off merchants IMO

16. forrestgump

forrestgump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    to the guy with 700 dvd's, don't you think sometimes what a waste of money, I did when I passed 1500 dvd's and then sold most of them (as I thought to myself when will I watch them all once I have watched them initially?) used to spend 1/2 hour each night deciding which film to watch and ended up with the same ones over and over again!!!

17. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    It might be worth noting that the thread to which you referred is over a year old, the last post being 08-04-2003. If I recall correctly, this was around the time of their infamous website upgrade, which took several weeks. It was at this time that orders placed before a certain date could not be cancelled on the website, but they stated that they were happy to accept retuens on unwanted items which could not be cancelled.

As for the 21 days to get a refund, I agree that's taking the pi**, especially given that are certainly not slow at taking our money.

18. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I've ordered several hundred discs from them and only had one or two take a while to come. usually everything arrives within 5 days.

I suppose a reason could be that to sell them at the knock down prices they do, they need to order a substantial amount each time from the companies, hence the occasional delay while they get a mimimum amount together to order from a distributor.

Have to say their replacement of faulty goods has been very prompt too with no quibbles.