1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon Free Shipping

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Simon6776, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Does anyone still order from DVD Soon since the website upheaval? The website is still not right, believe it or not, but they are offering Free Shipping (Worldwide) at the moment. Just ordered Matrix Reloaded and X-Men 2 for just over £12 each, and as they are Warner and Fox, respectively, they won't have bi-lingual covers. :smashin:

2. Domdom

Domdom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well just did yesterday and it seems ok.

Apparently my item is on backorder but with the free shipping I thaught it was good opportunity to test that site :)

3. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I ordered 3 films but forgot to do them separately, now I can't cancel my order or even remove 2 of the items. and they haven't replied to my emails. Either I am going to get stung by customs or they will cancel my order after they stop with the free shipping.

4. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You should get away with it - they usually ship items in separate packagess, and they mark each package $12.

It's bloody annoying that you still can't cancel orders online, and the fact that they don't answer e-mails makes it worse. They are fast losing my patience. It really doesn't take this long to impliment a new system (if that's what they are doing), and it seems 'convenient' that the only aspect not working is the customer's ability to cancel orders. They have no trouble accepting orders and taking your money straight away. :mad:

5. The Bear

The Bear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They even mark boxsets down as $12 CAD each too!!

IIRC you can get away with 3 items in one order labelled as $12 CAD each before customs start sniffing around.

I haven't used them for a while but if your pre-orders were only a week or so apart they would wait and bung them all in on the same shipment. So bear that in mind when ordering too.

6. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I finally got an answer from them. They said they were aware that you cannot cancel and *if* an unwanted parcel turns up, just return it and they will sort out what they owe me. This really is BS