1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon delays

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Rabeen, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Rabeen

Rabeen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Brand spanker as you can see - Following good reports from yourselves, I ordered from DVDSoon 2 weeks ago - Bubba Hotep, but it still hasn't arrived. My on line account says pending - which makes me think that at the price they had it all and sundry ordered it - but I've recieved no e-mail advising me of a delay. I have contact DVD soon to find out, but thought I would ask if anyone else had issues in the past with them?

Cheers

Rab

2. chris110

chris110
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havent had issues but with my last order I ordered a DVD and then 3 days later ordered the same one for someone else. The one i ordered second got dispatched a day before my original order and arrived 5 days before - weird huh.

3. Rabeen

Rabeen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Must be a one off then, I want it to be as for many new DVDs they are so much cheaper than elsewhere.

Thanks

4. damage

damage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I also ordered from them for the first time. I thought my order was very slow - it took over 3 weeks, (however in fairness, they suggested it would take five days till the film came in stock).

What disappointed me was the lack of information, the title just showed as pending for what seemed an eternity, which as a first time customer provided no reassurance that any progress was being made, nor did i get an email saying that the dvd had begun shipping, which would have truncated my period of "worry" by a few days.

However the fact is that the film did arrive so you shouldn't worry that your order will just be ignored.
    I would be interested to know how long they take in normal conditiions.

ps The dvd, Johnny Mnmnmnemonic was the first region 1 dvd ive tried on my multi region player. It seemed to go fuzzy for a split second at intervals throughout the movie. I haven't had a problem with region 2's 3's or 4's and wondered whether this might be a problem with the region 1 component of my player or just a special effect in the movie. Im hoping it's the latter or a faulty copy as then I will have an excuse to bin the awful film.

5. stegalv

stegalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I ordered lotr return of the king last thursday and it arrived this tuesday,my previous orders have also taken around a week to arrive.

6. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also ordered Bubba Hotep from dvdsoon on the 25/5 and it's still showing as pending! :( The price may be cheap but the service is :censored:

popeye :mad:

7. durden-soap

durden-soap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rabeen, i have had the same problem, 2 weeks now and still pending dvdsoon have gone downhill, i used to order from them quite regularly and they used to be fast, but now they are just cheap to buy from, slowest next to splash ( but we know what happened to them ).

try dvdpacific in future, i know i will be.

i even tried cancelling my orders & all you get is a store credit, not a refund.

8. Chibouk

Chibouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you cancel you do get a store credit, but you can request that the credit get refunded to your credit/debit card. So no big problem there.

I order a lot of stuff from DVDSoon and have had no problems at all with delivery times. Having said that, most of my stuff has been preordered, but even with other titles it's been dispatched fairly quickly, as long as it's in stock.

I've just looked at Bubba Ho-tep and it says it's 'on order', meaning that it is not in stock. DVDSoon are not the quickest at getting new stock, but once they do it's sent out pretty quickly in my experience.

9. durden-soap

durden-soap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah something like 21 days till you get refunded. hell, i think it took about 10 seconds for them to take my money.

i won't order from them again, worth paying the extra £1 or £2 to get reliablity.

10. IsoArska

IsoArska

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I remember reading, that the studio hadn't expected such a big demand for this title. So maybe they are out at the studio level?

11. Rabeen

Rabeen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, not just me then - I did check again today and it says still on order, which if they weren't expecting the demand is fair enough. What is crazy is that an e-mail from them explaining the situation, I would have no problem, I just like to know. CD-Wow are always brilliant at letting you know that something is a bit delayed. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time and see what happens ultimately. I'll order something that is in stock and decide whether to try them in future.

12. hddvdman

hddvdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    somethere over there but not near here, there
    Ratings:
    +155
    got mystic river 3 discer in 4 days wow!!! could be your postal area that may be slow if it has been despatched.

try cancelling the order the reorder with the store credit may be quicker....

13. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Blimey, you lot don't half moan! I've used them for over 3 years now, I've had the odd delay, they even charged my credit card 4 times for the same order...but in my eyes they cannot be beat! If the title is out of stock it's not unusual for it to take a couple of weeks to come into stock, you just have to be patient...or go elsewhere. To even up this thread a little, my last order took 3 days to arrive...in fact none of my last 50 or so orders have taken longer than 8 days...I keep records. All companies have their bad moments...stop bashing Soon :nono:

14. leapfrog

leapfrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with Henry, it may take a while for Dvd Soon to restock a title, but once an order has been posted, I usually receive it in under a week and my last few orders also took 3 days.

I have used Dvd Soon for about 2 years now, with no real problems. I have quite a few orders pending (MGM sale) and at the price they charge I have no problem waiting.

15. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,363
    Moved to DVD Talk

16. mackemansj1

mackemansj1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used them for ages now and overall i am very impressed with the price and service. However my last order return of the king was shipped on the 20th may and aint tured up yet which i know is out of soons control but the 90 day :suicide: wait period before i can request a replacement is a bit long overall 9.5/10 for me.

17. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,368
    I placed an order nearly 2 weeks ago and they were out of stock then when they became available it came up they where being packed this as been at this state for 4 days.
    I wanted to place an order for a mate with no credit card but cannot till this one clearers and I think there is a cut of date for some of the offers. :mad:

18. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    Ordered my Bubba Ho-Tep on May 27th and it's just gone to packaging so whoever's still waiting for it may be in luck :clap:

19. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I ordered mine on May 26th and have just had an order confirmation to say it was despatched yesterday (22nd). :clap:

If Soon can't get the stock because demand is greater than the studios predicted, I can't really see how it be their fault.

20. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Usually had 1st class service from DVD Soon but this thread reminded me the new version of "Field of Dreams" hadn't been sent yet ... Just checked & it has been "packaging" since 10th June - kinell what are the packing it in :eek:
    Paul