dvd soon - customs charge - ouch

monkeyboy69

Established Member
Reaction score
just picked up daredevil directors cut and ultimate dawn of the dead from dvd soon and got hit for another £8.50 customs charge when it arrived :eek: .
Doesn't seem worth trying to buy from them anymore. Despite the lengthy wait I could put up with this as the price was good, guess I'll start to look elsewhere now

if you ordered them as two separate orders and they came in two envelopes neither envelope would be over the £18 limit problem solved

Hard way to learn that lesson, mate. Always order separately.

I just got the Looney Tunes box set with no customs charges from DVD Soon and I even had to pick it up from the local PO depot as it was too big for the letter box. Seems to be totally random, as I got customs charges for my Star Wars box set from DVD Soon back in November!

Boink! said:
Hard way to learn that lesson, mate. Always order separately.

You have to be careful not to order 2 things at once. Otherwise they'll be sent in the same paskage. It's just a shame they don't mark all items down to $12 Canadian like they used to do. I had 2 GC worths worth £26 each sent in the same package. Luckily it was marked down to the equivelent of £5 each. Was very relieved to receive the pack with no charges. Have RE4 on it's way now. Because I have never been caught out when importing over 50 items, (not all over the the £18 limit tbh), I'm convinced the next one will be caught. Still, fingers crossed RE4 gets through. :rolleyes:

Edit: RE4 is the 29th package I've had sent, and so far, 28 have got past custums. :)

Like what was already said above what on earth did you expect if you go over the £18 limit? You could have easily have split the orders and saved yourself the customs hit.

I just ordered resident Evil 4 And mario party 6 for GC on same order

Now i did this a week or 2 ago and dont really wanna cancel the order and go further down the pecking line

I am am hoping as they are both out of stock they will come in at different times and be sent seperately as i am sure DVD Soon do part ship

Am i right>?

betamac said:
I am am hoping as they are both out of stock they will come in at different times and be sent seperately as i am sure DVD Soon do part ship

Am i right>?
Yep they do ,just had one half of an order the other half to follow when in stock.
Cheers Gonzo.

betamac said:
I just ordered resident Evil 4 And mario party 6 for GC on same order

Now i did this a week or 2 ago and dont really wanna cancel the order and go further down the pecking line

Am i right>?

Remember, when you cancel an order, you get store credit rather than a refund. They always take payment straight away.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom