1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon - Charging postage to Fidelity card holders

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Seth Gecko, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Just went to order something and found that they want to charge me for shipping, even with a Fidelity Card - not impressed, so didn't order - even though I'm supposed to get free shipping !!!!

2. eatstatic

eatstatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Your not the only one not impressed. I was about to sign up for the Fidelity Card this lunchtime not only did I notice that I was going to be charged for the post but also that the prices have been hiked up since yesterday........... this leaves me in a bit of a fix cos her indoors is expecting Charmed Series 2, no chance now that the price means it will be stung by import tax. :(

Had a few things to order and didn't realise until checkout that the prices were inflated. Did same thing and cancelled as it not really worth buying the items I wanted from them now.

Oh well should have ordered from them yesterday when I was checking the stuff out. :suicide:

eatstatic.

3. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What is going on at DvdSoon, prices have gone through the roof and no free shipping for I-card holders. :suicide:

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    Just read the membership details again and it does state free standard shipping except games consoles and certain special items :suicide: seems like a cock up on there system again.
    Did try and order just to see and there isnt a free shipping option.

5. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    They've changed the discount rates too, is that just for new users? :mad:

6. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I'm surprised anyone uses them. They are the splash dvd of canada.

7. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is what i'm most disturbed about (I asume this postage charging fiasco is just a temporary cock-up, the site's under maintanance as I type).

I noticed that the banner at the top of their page was now showing "up to 10% off" instead of 20%, but I too thought "maybe thats just for new customers". But no. Just logged on and it now seems I get no discount at all, when just yesterday I was entitled to a 10% discount :( .

Bringing their prices up to the same level as their competitors is all well and good, as long as they improve each and every one of their problems. I, and many others, were willing to overlook their glaring inadequacies because of the super low prices. But as it stands, what's the point of ordering from them at all? Even if they do sort out their customer service, dispatch times etc they'll end up being just another website. It seems they've lost there only redeeming feature.

Unless there's a massive winter/Christmas sale again this year I can't see myself using them again :thumbsdow

8. eatstatic

eatstatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Bringing their prices up to the same level as their competitors is all well and good, as long as they improve each and every one of their problems. I, and many others, were willing to overlook their glaring inadequacies because of the super low prices. But as it stands, what's the point of ordering from them at all? Even if they do sort out their customer service, dispatch times etc they'll end up being just another website. It seems they've lost there only redeeming feature.

Unless there's a massive winter/Christmas sale again this year I can't see myself using them again :thumbsdow[/QUOTE]

Buck Swope,

That said, same here.

Even though I don't have a card I have used them for a while and ordered a fair bit from them in the past. Come to think of I still have some stuff on order from early this year.

Can't see me using them in the near future now.
    Will give people like movietyme a go as I have not used them before and not heard anything but good about them...... although a bit more expensive than what DVDSOON were.

eatstatic.

9. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought as much (not the gas part, but the fact it would be limited to only icard holders again)

By the looks of it they mean new titles :rolleyes:

Well thats a relief. Just checked and my discount is indeed back to 10%

So basically, if you don't already own an icard you may aswell shop elsewhere as the new discount rates are plain awful (+ shipping) :thumbsdow . I guess I'll probably continue using them until my card's up for renewal then I suppose:rolleyes: But I guess this'll be the final straw for a whole lot of people though, and I don't blame 'em!

10. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    They've yet to take my money, not deliver Deer Hunter and Once upon a Time in the West and then start trading under a new name to issue a :oops: to their creditors. So not quite Splash yet.

Always received everthing I ordered from Dvdsoon. Usually within a month and cheap as chips. If they want to up the prices every so often to fleece the buyers rather than bargain hunters then good luck to them.

11. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    what a joke, did the t's and c's state that "some selected items" were excluded from the free shipping before now? If not, i'm going to ask for my membership money to be refunded.

12. AlanL

AlanL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just been checking their prices of TV box sets and it doesn't look good. There is no price advantage over DVD Pacific, even taking Pacific's shipping charges into account, and Pacific has the advantage of reliability and earlier dispatch.

Perhaps they are paying the price for being too generous earlier in the year - I have had some fantastic bargains (e.g. Friends box sets for under £12), but it looks like its over for now.