1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon, anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Confucius, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I have a couple of orders placed with this Canadian company.

DVD Soon

Their prices seem very keen, especially for box sets, but I wondered if anyone can report good (or bad) experiences with them.

They charge one's CC at the ordering stage btw, should anyone else consider using them.

2. Sir Geoffrey

Sir Geoffrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered some DVDs from them then cancelled. Although their prices are cheap they were taking pre orders on titles that had no proper release date.

As they debit your card straight away, I did not fancy waiting for years for the films to be released.

3. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Well, the 'pay at the pre-order stage' is not something I'm awfully keen on, but the sets I currently have on order are due presently anyway, in so much as they'll be on the same CC statement whether I pay now or when they ship.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Confucius,

This is what put me off using them:

Waiting 4-5 months (because note it says business days) if it's lost in the post is taking the **** in my book!

(I did post the above elsewhere, but I'm sorry I couldn't find the thread to link to.)

5. Sir Geoffrey

Sir Geoffrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They may have changed policy now, but I read that they would not ship an order until it was complete.

However, they will not reserve items.

This means that if you order A,B and C, and they only have A and B, they wont ship until C arrives. In the meantime if someone else orders A and B, they will send to them and you are back to square one.

That has to be the biggest load of gobbledegook ever written.

6. pnapp

pnapp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right about this. But nothing is stopping you from putting in a new order for each DVD. Cause the shipping costs are $4 for each DVD anyway. So I just order one disc at a time. Haven´t received anything from them yet though as all my titles are preorders.

7. music man

music man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you buy goods more than $200 CAN they will sent you the goods by courier. I did this last month and it took 3 days to arrive but dvdsoon only put $72can on the customs form. Although this still made it liable for customs charges i was not required to pay any this time.
    However you should still be wary of dvdsoon as i places 3 further orders of over $200 can each. Two of these orders had items that although released a while ago, had no date available for when they would arrive. Although i sent numerous emails to DVDsoon, no one replied to them, so i was forced to cancel them in the end. So when ordering you should take particular not of availability.

8. Joshm74

Joshm74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try cdwow.com - their prices are usually as good as DVDSoon's, if not better (e.g. BTTF Trilogy for £17.99 delivered)

9. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Ah, but DVD Soon are exclusively R1, the £17.99 BTTF from cdwow is R4 - so not strictly comparable.

I must say I was quite impressed with the customer service from DVD Soon. I left a message on their customer service answerphone and they called back within 30 minutes - yes, from Canada to England.