1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon and card verification

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Links, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I set up an account with DVD Soon earlier today and placed an order for The Lion King using my Mastercard.

I've just received an e-mail from them asking me to fax a copy of my last statement which must contain my card number. Now I'm uneasy about this as its possible to use the card with all the infomation on the statement.

Is this a common practice with DVD Soon? I know a lot of you here use them.

Thanks

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    are you absolutely certain the email is from dvd soon? This hasnt happened to me and i havent heard of anyone it has..... it does sound alot like a con fron someone trying to get your details though.... id send an email to the dvdsoon email address..... dont just reply to the mail you got, get the dvdsoon address from their site and mail it...... then see what happens.

Ad

3. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah I've fired off an e-mail to them to see what the deal is. It seemed pretty genuine. HTML style e-mail that they usually send, with the same letterhead.

We shall see.

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    I only started using dvdsoon recently and didn't get anything like that, it was just the usual on line join up and my first disc was deliveren within a few days.

5. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I didnt get anything like that either, signed up on 16th, ordered disc..which was out of stock....came in stock on 19th, being packaged on 20th..

6. deanjamin

deanjamin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From the website:

To protect its interests and those of its customers, DVDSoon.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to ask a proof of ownership of the credit card used to place an order. This proof of ownership is either an address verification or a faxed copy of the credit card used to place the order or a faxed copy of a monthly statement of the card used to place the order. This verification can be done even if the card has been already charged or even if the customer is a returning customer.

7. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I got some weird CC comfirmation request from dvdsoonerorlater. Can't remember quite what it was but it wasn't a statement.

8. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have had to change my card a couple of times, and each time they hold the order for credit card verification, but I've never been asked to fax anything to them. I'll find out soon though, as I've just changed my card again!

9. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    they will at one point ask you to verify your credit card if you shop with them you only have to do this once though. I did not have to verify mines though untill i had made about 10 orders.
    I was asked to do this by fax though it was done through there site and i had to supply them with the 3 digit number on the back of the card as well ithe issuing bank & telephone number, took about a day then my account was cleared

10. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Oh yeah, that was it.