1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD/ Sky problem- help please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rich23, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Rich23

Rich23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

We have just bought a cheap dvd player (our first) and when I ran the scart into the back of the sky box I found out they both competed for the AV channel. No problem I switched the Sky to stand by and all was OK for a week. Unfortunately the picture on the DVD started to jump again and the AV channel symbol was flicking up in the corner of the TV- Sky was on stand by and it seems to be normal TV channel running interference. I turned the DVD off at the wall for a few hours and when I turned it back on it was fine again. Today I went to watch a film and the jumping's back again, and I am not a happy bunny.

Can someone please advise?

Just for info- DVD scart to Sky, Sky scart to TV, video by coax to back of TV aerial socket (removing video from the system doesnt make any difference).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rich

2. Garbage_Guy

Garbage_Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the scart could be loose, try givin' it a push.

Might need to go out and buy one of those scart 3 into 1 plugs, should fix it ? £10?

Or a new Video with 2 scarts £ 60?

Or buy a new TV !! Yes thats it ! a new 42" with 3 scarts :)
    Ideal opportunity to upgrade.

3. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Panasonic TV?

4. Rich23

Rich23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

Its not a problem with the TV or any of the scarts- Ive since noticed that sometimes when I put Sky on standby instead of nothign I get a blue screen. If the screen stays blue when I turn sky off I get the Dvd problem whereas if it goes blank the playre works fine. I'm guesing its therefore a Skybox problem but would apprecaite some practical advice please.

Cheers

Rich