dvd shrink problem part II

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Chorlton74, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Chorlton74

Chorlton74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only been using since Monday. First few films i backed up, after encoding, it produced an icon that said it was ejecting the original disc and was ready for the blank disc to be inserted and start burning. which happened no problem.

However last night, no matter what film i did, after encoding had been completed i was given the following icon.

`DVD Shrink has finished backing up your DVD.

All output files are now ready for burning with appropriate dvd burning software`

It gives the location in the c drive where the film has been stored and an OK icon. after clicking OK it just goes back to the DVD Shrink compression screen. Its like this icon has appeared out of the blue. it was working fine, and now this. seems like i've had some burns `gratis` from somehwere, but now............................

I have a version of nero thats about 8 months old installed as well.

Anyone know where im going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

2. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    sounds like you've set the destination to be a folder rather than your DVD writer. When you click on the Backup button the screen pops up showing you the settings for your rip, you've probably got the folder on the C:\ drive as the destination and not just the location for your temporary files. Set the rip location to be your writer and you'll be prompted to enter a blank disc once the ripping/encoding ahs completed.

3. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,371
    You've set it to backup to a folder instead of an ISO.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,195

How do you know he is using ISO's? From his post, he is using Nero to burn by selecting the burner in the backup screen. He has now created a video_ts folder on the hard disk when backing up to hard disk instead.

Chorlton74, you just need to load Nero manually and select DVD Video mode. Then add the files you just created and burn away.

5. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,371
    Chorlton74 go into the options and enable burning with nero. It's under the FIle I\O tab. That should fix your problem.