1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SACD with regulated line-out??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by beemer, Sep 28, 2003.

1. beemer

beemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question, im building active speakers. Do i need to build a pre-amp too, or are there players on the market with 5.1 analog outputs, who can be regulated (volume) due remote, so that i can connect the player direct to the active speakers??. This way i can "skip" the pre-amp.

Who can give me an answer, i'm intyerested in the pioneer DV 747-a, can it do the job??. thx, andre

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Mostly budget player (not all though) have this functions only. AFAIK.

Don't think the Pioneer does but I could be wrong ...

3. beemer

beemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you please give me some player names?, and types, that you are sure off. Mabey a pioneer user can reply, thanks...

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sorry, no idea. As you can see I live in Taiwan and the models sold here differ from the European ones ...

5. andymc

andymc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Beemer,

I have recently been doing my homework on SACD and DVD-A and have bought one of each and this is what I am lead to believe from my experience.

All players have audio outputs and when used in SACD mode only the AUDIO outputs work - there is no digital output for SACD as the whole disc uses a different system (Direct Stream Digital) to that of normal CD/DVD PCM. My Pioneer 565A player has 6 phono outputs which I have connected to the amp imputs to give me the sound.

DVD-A still uses 96khz and therefore MIGHT send a digital signal but also uses the audio outputs. In most cases you have to tell the player what to out put and to where.

Hope this helps

Andy C