1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-s97 and XR70 HDMI problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AGroucutt, Feb 4, 2005.

1. AGroucutt

AGroucutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP! Just been trying my previous working DVD-S97 and XR70 getting no connection through HDMI it works if i plug hdmi-dvi to plasma. XR70 displays U 70-1-1 which according to the manual means Equipment connected to the HDMI cable is not compatible with the units copyright protection technology ???!!???

Hmmm may have to call Panasonic.

Any ideas?

2. mike543

mike543
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    make sure that the dvd player hdmi output is on in the menu and check the amp is set to dvd hdmi on as the input. the dvd displays no picture on the tv if the amp is not on because the hdmi connects right through. i have same equipment and it works fine with me. if any of that does not work then call panasonic for help as there might be a problem.

3. AGroucutt

AGroucutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did a reset on the AMP under the settings and this reset to factory defaults this worked for all 5 minutes then said u70-1-1 and the plasma display flashes between pink fuzz and then black. Earlier in the day I spoke to Panasonic and they think there's a fault with the amp and to take it back to dealer which was KRISHAV in london which I could take it back saturday and swop but its a good 2 hour journey which im worried may b a wasted journey if i get back and still the same. Ive been playing a dvd through hdmi on dvd player over the last hour and thats fine. but im concerned it may be a fault with the hdmi-hdmi cable which i cant test as using hdmi-dvi for plasma.

4. AGroucutt

AGroucutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did a firmware update as listed on this site and it now works!

5. AGroucutt

AGroucutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not hmmm I spoke to Panasonic and they reckoned the xr70 amp was faulty hmmm so drive down to London and get Krishav to replace it with no hassle thanks guys. I get home and i still have a problem again then i plug the hdmi-dvi lead directly from the dvd player into plasma and still no displsay just flashing beetween red and black. Damn it so Ive just had the DVD player changed just now and hopefully this will fix the problem ill find out later tonight. Watch this space.

6. AGroucutt

AGroucutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ohh damn it worked initially then when i pushed my plasma stand back in the corner it failed again I then discovered there seems to be a break in the new hdmi-dvi cable i had just purchased from keene it works if i keep it unravelled in a hoop. I just cant believe a new cable has caused me to drive to London and change a AMP then drive to Brum and change a dvd player on miffed person here. Spoke to Keene they are sending me out a replacement today.