• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DVD+RW's - increasing the rated burn speed?

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Hi

Aquired a load of of these, though they're only rated for 4x writing. Having used 6x & 8x normally, just wondering if there's anyway to trick the burner into trying them at anything other than their rated burn speed?.

thx
joe

namuk

Distinguished Member
Stick to the rated speed mate as if you do burn at a faster speed you will get errors,Glitches in the video, the data will degrade faster or even not read the disc, ect ,ect. thing is on certain media depends on Dye/version it may say 4x but the disc is best burnt at 2x

not even sure there is overspeed burning programs now, even then i would not bother.

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Just fancied giving it a go to be honest. I always burn 8x with some verbatim's I use, (though that's what they're rated at) and never have any probs.

namuk

Distinguished Member
you will with certain media, always use branded now but i have and still got some verbatim's DVD+R that will not burn at rated speed and thats a 50 pack, i usually use DVD-R vertabains ect ..

you could try Imgburn, that tests the disc speed and you could try a higher speed, free software as well ..

i would still not recommend it mate.

ncmoody

Established Member
Stick to the rated speed mate as if you do burn at a faster speed you will get errors,Glitches in the video, the data will degrade faster or even not read the disc, ect ,ect. thing is on certain media depends on Dye/version it may say 4x but the disc is best burnt at 2x

not even sure there is overspeed burning programs now, even then i would not bother.

I concur - in fact I never use the max rated speed for burning.

When burning important DVDs I tend to use 16x disks and burn them at 4x, as a result I get very few coasters.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom