1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd +/- Rw

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by twopointtwo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. twopointtwo

twopointtwo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pentium 2 with 256 ram and 42G hard drive running XP home. Which would be the best DVD RW +/- to purchase and install. I wish to record various edited holiday films from my digital camcorder to DVD to enable showing through TV.

Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Hi twopointtwo and welcome to the forum.

I installed the Pioneer A06 DVD writer just before Christmas and can highly recommend it. It has now been replaced by the faster A07/107 drive that can write +/-R at 8x and can also read DVD-RAM. It is available as OEM for well under £100. I have had no 'coasters' with this writer and I also do video editing on my PC.
    One thing though, you will need to get another HDD as capturing video will take around 13Gb per hour, and then you will need more space for editing and file conversion.

Mark.

3. Member 34135

Member 34135

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll second that comment on Pioneer, go for the 107, I've had a 104 and currently got a 105 and a 106. They have been great drives and write just about any media. I would avoid Sony drives due to poor media compatibility.

Andy.