DVD-RW VR mode

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dave95, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Dave95

Dave95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Still can't decide what DVD recorder to buy, but I have a question regarding editing.
    Looking at several players (which aren't RAM and have no hard drive) you can edit RW discs that have been recorded in VR mode. I don't really want to use RW to keep my archived recordings, could I in theory use a VR RW disc to compile an edit and then copy said disc on my PC onto an R disc?
    (I have seen that some PC's can't read a VR disc unless a particular driver is used)

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    Yes - follow the 'DVD-RAM to DVD-R' guide in my signature - the process is exactly the same. You will need, however, some form of instant write software that recognises DVD-RW VR mode.

What DVD-RW VR machine are you thinking of?

3. Dave95

Dave95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for that, most useful. :)
    I need DVD-RW so that rules the Panny out. Can't really justify a hard drive - I have Sky+ anyway, I know people will say a hard drive is great for editing, but VR on RW will be fine for me.
    One of the others (Tosh or JVC can't remember) had RGB in, but not out. So it was either the Sony 300 or Pioneer 220. Richersounds have the 220 for £150, so I think it's the pioneer.