1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-rw or dvd ram

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gillyk, Aug 31, 2005.

1. gillyk

gillyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the sony gx300 and after reading the manual went out to buy some rewritable discs and went to the computer shop, first to be told you cant buy dvd-rw:rolleyes: then for another sales rep to butt in and inform me that i had the panasonic dvd recorder and that it wasnt dvd-rw i needed it was dvd ram:mad: i promptly/politley informed him it was the sony gx300 and that the manual stated dvd-rw is used for the time slip and he argued telling me i was wrong it was definatley dvd ram that i would need for time slip but wherever i look there is no mention of dvd ram in the manual or web for that model but i thought i would double check on here to see if someone could please confirm to me what it is i am needing to buy for gx300 and the timeslip function please ;)

2. iantommo

iantommo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If it is like my JVC MR-10S you can timeslip on a DVD-RW if the machine is in VR mode. It is not possible in Video mode
    Hope this helps you
    Ian :thumbsup:

3. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just had a look at the specs for your machine and it do not mention DVD-ram at all, so I suggest you take your manual, sove it in the face of the people who told you rubbish and then tell them, that you will go elsewhere to buy your disks.

4. gillyk

gillyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you:clap: that is one shop i will NOT be going back to, i will be going to my normal online store to order my discs now that you have confirmed that it is dvd-rw.