DVD-RW for Sony GX3 ??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Davidedwards, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Davidedwards

Davidedwards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried 10 Ritek Arita DVD-RWs but only one would format !!
    Can anyone recommend a DVD-RW from experience for this DVD recorder?
    Thanks.

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not cheap cheap but I got two -RW's from Partners stationery the other day for £4.99,it was on a buy one get one free offer.
    They were Imation ones,I had used their CD-RW's and had no problem with those so was willing to take a chance,as it turms out they work fine.
    So far I have used TDK -RW's that came form PCWorld at 3 for £15 (ouch),Maxell -R's that I got from a comp fair for 20 for £10 and now these Imations ones and they all work fine.

3. ErictheHalibut

ErictheHalibut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought an RDR GX3 over Christmas and am absolutely delighted with it, particularly regarding the quality of the DVD player which is stunning on good quality DVDs and almost worth the money on it's own - you effectively almost get a DVD burner thrown in for free!
    I bought some very cheap DVD-Rs from HiCrest at 25 for £9.93 (LeadData O1ne 1X Speed) that only play at 1X (but that's all you need for the GX3) and also some 2X DVD -RWs from SVP Communications (RiTek Arita at £9.35 for 10) and have had no coasters at all. I tend to copy all the stuff to DVD -RW and once finalised, use TMPGEnc DVD Author on my PC to take out the adverts.
    I then burn to Ritek Branded 4x using my Sony DVD DRU500A burner. The only problem is that the Windows file manager won't see the recorded files on the DVD -RW but this isn't a problem as you can copy them to the hard drive using DVD Decrypter.
    Paradoxically, if you burn VHS and also SVHS tapes to DVD directly from my Sharp Videorecorder using the Svideo out and separate audio outputs using the GX3, the quality of the finished DVD seems to be marginally better than the original.
    Just my two pennorth - I thoroughly recommend the RDR GX3 and I bought it from Sound&Vision in Bolton over the internet and yes, they do price match.

Rgds,

EtH:hiya:

Update: I have now tried all of the discs included in the HiCrest DVD sample pack:
    DVD-R DVD-R O1ne 1X
    DVD-R Princo Printable 1x
    DVD-R Bulkpaq 2x Green
    DVD-R Datawrite 4X Yellow
    DVD-R Bulkpaq 4X Orange
    DVD-RW Datawrite 2x, Re-writable
    and they all worked fine.

4. Davidedwards

Davidedwards

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the Ritek Arita from SVP which DIDN'T work in my GX3. Well one did. Must be a faulty batch! They've stopped selling them by coincidence! Other 9 going back.
    Where'd you get the -RW Datawrite from?

5. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Maxell DVD-Rw in video case from Richer Sounds is what I'm using.

6. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    These didn't work in my Tosh DR1 either so sent them back.