DVD ripping software

Madkitty

Established Member
Reaction score
Cmon then guys which is the best free one for copying DVDs to puter - I presume Nero Recode wont do this as well! :lease:

DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink, I prefer shrink but i think am in a minority. :)

I have tried shrink and 3gp and i get a 90min dvd down to around 700mb which is quite high

shrink (strip extra audio/subtitles/credits ect) and pspvideo9 (avc vbr) gets a 90min film down to 300-500 mb on average.

Just converted a 10 min clip using shrink and psp video9 the file was named MAQ10003 when i transfered it the psp didn't pick up the file is still says no video on memory card

just tried your advice, it came up unsupported file, my settings in psp video9 must be wrong

mode AVC - CBR

Which folder did you transfer it to ? I think files starting with MAQ should go in the folder 100ANV01.

When I open MP_ROOT file the only folder I have in there is 100MNV01

tried creating new folder but no luck, changed the video setting mode to SP>CBR and it converted with the file name M4V10013 which was accepted by the psp, any ideas what the other video mode are for

purchased psp movie creator and it is truly fabby - 10 times better than nero :D

ridiculously easy - you can download a trial version which will rip the first 5 mins...google the website.

ripping my first full length film at the mo and it reckons it will only take 40 mins!!!! it was literally a case of popping the dvd in and clicking record - it recognises your psp or memory card and adds it straight there along with the thm file. It really is that simple!!!!!

Well downloaded the trial version and put T3 in and set it to record at 29.97 fps with a bit rate of about 700kbs, set the output file and pressed record and it automatically decodes and sends the file to the card in the psp(attached).
Being a trial version it only allows the first 5/10 mins to be decoded.
Audio/pic quality fine.
There seems less to do in this prog compared to pspvideo9 but perhaps more options/settings are available on the upgrade.
First impressions are that it is easy and simple to do and of course only one program needed.

Sounds good but I think ill stick with dvd shrink and psp video 9, may take a bit longer but the results are fine for me (and its free)

i have tried psp movie creator and personally didnt find it THAT good. some sync probs and crashes .
Nero has better quality i think but each to their own.for full screen dvd derypter and 3gp is best for me

Anyone tried this out yet ? http://www.kinoma.com/

I use an earlier version on my Palm T3 and it gives good results, looks like they are all coming up with adds on for the psp. Believe ulead and pinnacle are including mp4 plug ins for their popular video editing software.
Pity Sony doesnt promote one or does it ?

2 be honest i think they are pretty much selling the same thing in diferent packages

Nero is supposed to have its own codecs and is the only one that seems to do 2 pass encoding to MP4 in one go.
But the lack of full screen for DVD and inability to boost sound is a pain

I've found DVD Decrypter to be very good and easy to work with. My solution is then convert the .vob file into an avi with Auto Gordian Knot then turn that into an MP4 via Lathe. A bit long winded maybe, but it's free, easy, with no sync problems, full-screen...lovely jubbly. Lathe lets you adjust the quality to suit and can also boost the audio...

:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom