DVD Rip Software

nobottle

Standard Member
Hi
Having just purchased an Asus all in one PC with a huge hard drive I want to rip all my Sony DVD camcorder recordings to the PC.
I down loaded the free version of WinX it did't work and annoyed me no end with its repeated requests to upgrade to the paid Platinum version - absolute pain so I got rid of it.
Someone recommended DVD shrink - again useless - downloaded lots of other software I didn't want and immediately told me I could only use it 3 times before having to pay. IS THERE ANY SUCH THING AS FREEWARE THESE DAYS!!!!!
Can anyone recommend software that will do the job - I don't mind buying it - but hate the feeling of being conned.

Thanks, Ian :(

The Eggman72

DVD fab

nvingo

Distinguished Member
As it's camcorder sourced there won't be any copy protection on it.
Try Freemake, and also VideoRedo (trial version available) is good for MPEG2 editing.

nobottle

Standard Member
Hi
Thanks to all for your replies - I will have a look at your suggestions and let you know how I get on.

Kind regards

MarkE19

You must have got the wrong dvdshrink as it is free and works fine for ripping disks. Needs no additional software.

Here you go Download DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 (freeware) - AfterDawn: Software downloads
Agree - I've been using it for years and never had any problems with it.
As it's camcorder sourced there won't be any copy protection on it.
Try Freemake, and also VideoRedo (trial version available) is good for MPEG2 editing.
As there is no copy protection on the discs you don't really need any software to get the contents onto the PC's HDD. Just pop the DVD into the Drive and browse the drive. You can then just drag & drop the contents into another folder.
If you want the footage as an .ISO then you can use the free and very good ImgBurn to do it for you.

If you want to edit the footage then any of the video editing packages should be able to import the footage off the DVD and allow you to do any required editing before saving to the format you want to keep it as. I use Sony Vegas Studio and have used this feature in the past, so know that it does work well. You can download it for a free 30 day trial from Here and if you like it it is fairly cheap to buy from the likes of Amazon.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom