1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Retailers

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dickz, Feb 27, 2003.

1. dickz

dickz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Could anyone recommend a good DVD supplier who doesn't try to fob punters off with secondhand disks.

I have first hand experience of my DVD collection being replaced through an Insurance company, and there preferred supplier sending disks through covered in dust and fingerprints, trying to state as new. To rub more salt in the wounds, they returned the same product I sent back to them.

Now agreed with the insurance company to get a quote from another supplier and buy direct. Any recommendations, would prefer new product at a sensible price, as opposed to a knock down price from an obscure supplier, as the insurance company is covering cost.

If my Suppliers acted in this manner, I would be out of a job, Supply Chain Management whats that!!!

Richard.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have never had any disks other than perfect from any supplier discussed on these forums. I've had disks damaged in transit, where they have fallen off the teeth but nothing as you suggest.

just browse the forum a wee while - you'll find loads of supplier = play, cd-wow for uk stuff, loads more for r1

Why not give DVD emporium your order and justify them setting up a section on these forums. I have'nt bought from them so can't comment on thier service etc but I'm sure there upstanding people.

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk to help find the cheapest prices and then check the suppliers out on here or elsewhere on the web.

I've never had anything but sealed, new disks from the suppliers I use.

4. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Out of interest what supplier was it you got the discs from

5. dickz

dickz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Shoka,

It could be an anagram of playpower, but I am not at liberty to give details.

Richard

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
  8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have since found a supplier that does sometimes ship out used disks (scratched and with fingerprints) and I am never using them again :mad: I won't say who it is though but I know several members here who have used them occasionally, so check your DVDs carefully. Even if they are sealed, check the disk surfaces in good lighting.