1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD retailers in Canada

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gregs, May 2, 2003.

1. gregs

gregs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Am going to Canada at the end of the month, and wondered if anybody knows of any discount retailers for DVD's in Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary? - I though it would be rude not to stock up while i was there....:D :D

Cheers,

Greg

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not many that I found while I was in Toronto other than the as-expected HMV and so on on the major high streets, but then I didn't explore too much (rather enjoy the holiday .. erm.. business trip). There was also a chain out there that I think were called "Steve's Sounds" or something like that :confused: Anyway, you'll probably find a lot of the retail prices higher than the web sites and you'll also have to go through the hassle of paying the taxes and then claiming them back afterwards (I did this by post and they did send me a nice cheque but it was a hassle filling everything out and keeping track of all the receipts). There is the cool advantage though that you get to carry everything back in one suitcase :devil: Remember your customs limits though :lesson: :D