1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Rental Shops

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ADEOWEN, Mar 25, 2002.

1. ADEOWEN

ADEOWEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in a small town in west wales called cardigan,my friend runs a videostore and he has about 300 dvds in the shop for rental.how does this compare with video shops around your area?

2. viewdvd

viewdvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked my local Blockbusters in Cwmbran, South Wales (not so west as Cardigan!) and they have about 600 DVDs to rent, concentrating on the latest releases.

Hoping this will be construed as information and not as advertising, here are the latest titles figures for the major UK on-line DVD rental services:

Name (no. of titles offered)

ViewDVD (2773)
    In Movies (2181)
    DVD Options (1782*)
    Movietrak (1409)
    * not including bonus disks

They are all obviously offering a much larger choice than local libraries, and being online with postal delivery there is a hidden cost saving in that you don't actually have to go there. But I'd better stop here, or I'll get bombed!

3. danielzavitz

danielzavitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we have nearly 500 dvds to rent.
    not to brag but this is by far the best in our area.
    we focus on new releases mostly as back catalogue titles just don't rent on dvd. even big stuff like silence of the lambs and t2 struggle to make a profit.

4. viewdvd

viewdvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't agree that back catalogue items don't rent on DVD: we are finding that many of the old and good are in great demand. E.g. all our copies of Ben Hur are out on rental! But then we have perhaps 2000 movies which one might construe as back catalogue.