1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Regionx Ps2 Setup ?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by wildedaniel, Mar 2, 2005.

1. wildedaniel

wildedaniel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Can someone help I recently bought a DVD Region X for my PS2 but when I try and play it , it asks me to insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disc, What am I doing wrong.

cheers

Dan

2. retro21

retro21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This happened to me with a PS Two.

I just took it out gave it a quick rub and kept trying. Now it works everytime.

Make sure you have pushed it fully in as this may also be the problem. :smashin:

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    My brother had a similar problem, I had no problem using DVD Region X but when I tried it on his PS2 it would just come up asking for a PS2 Format Disc, guess there are some models of PS2 out there that dont like DVD Region X.

4. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Depending on your PS2 DVD driver it may not be compatible always, but when I had trouble I just contacted codejunkies and they sent me a dongle that your supposed to insert in the memory card slot. It works fine after that. Curiously I tried DVD region X and the dongle with my mates new PS2 and it didn't work, so I guess there is a particular dongle for each version of DVD driver on the PS2.