Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD region swapping

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Kaz, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Kaz

Kaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got rid of the coding on my drives, but obviously windows has it's own key.
    I currently have to run "DVD genie" delete the windows key, close DVD Genie and go into device manager, disable my DVD drive and re-enable it, I can then switch the region (which before doing this I'd have run out of goes).

Of course then I've to tweak the registry for ffdshow (with that desktop shortcut from AVS forums).

It works but not as well as my standalone DVD player! Is there an automated way? :lease:

2. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
  3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You could try the free version of DVD43, but it's getting old and doesn't work on some systems and the update is no longer free.

I use AnyDVD which does a lot more than just dealing with region coding, it can jump straight to the main movie of menu and perform various other jobs .. DVD Region Free is a very similar tool.

4. Kaz

Kaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    went withAnyDVD. sorted.
    Just needed a push in that direction 'cause I tried it a few days ago and thought that perhaps AnyDVD had been the cause of some problems with TT but it's working fine now.