DVD Region free

steve k

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to make my computer DVD reader/ writer region free, at the moment it can only be changed 5 times B4 it is frozen.

Have been told there is some softwear that can make it region free.

Thanks Steve :smashin:

plenty info here :smashin: not needed to do it myself so I can't offer you any advice

edit: hope you feel comfortable flashing the firmware :D (if that's what you do)

I'm using DVD Region Master with PowerDVD 5 and it works perfectly everytime... even with RCE disks, and on RPC-2 protected drives.

:smashin:

DVD Region Free

Try the above link. Flash upgrades to firmware can be risky. This software alternative works well on all laptops and PC's I've used in the last 3 years.

If you have XP or 2000. Try DVD43 (google search finds it).

It is freeware and make the drive work as region free otherwise, I use Slysoft's AnyDVD.

Thanks everyone who has replied :clap:

Good thread!! :thumbsup: I just got DVD43 and it seems to work. The only problem it seems to have is with my R4 copy of Reservoir Dogs but it eventually played so i guess it s alright. Thanks :clap:

I wish it would work with Windows Media Player too as i love the little window you can have on the toolbar showing video.

I don't understand why you need to 'flash' anything. I use AnyDVD and that takes care of everything, not had a problem yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom