DVD Recording to Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Robitso, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Robitso

Robitso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to buy a DVD Recorder and am new to DVD recorders, but wanted to know if it is possible to Get a DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD+RW from someone who has recorded a movie and play it on my machine and record the contents onto my HDD, and I can then record this onto another disc. Iam thinking of buying either a Toshiba RD-XS34 or Sony RDR-HX510, and was advised I could not play a disc, record the contents onto HDD and then burn to another disc with some machines. Can someone please advise.
    thanks

2. T0rNaDo

T0rNaDo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    but wanted to know if it is possible to Get a DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD+RW from someone who has recorded a movie and play it on my machine and record the contents onto my HDD,

it possibly will play on the player/recorder you can only try..
    as to recorder the contents to the hdd.

no idea , and i dont think they allow copyright talk on this forum too.

i think all you can do is seach different brands and models and see what there can and cant do in the specs.

3. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Yes I can do what you say on my XS34. I assume you are not suggesting copying a disc with menus, 5.1 sound etc., because you need a PC to do that.