1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recording Issues - Sony RDR-GX210

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevecc, Jul 20, 2005.

1. stevecc

stevecc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all....apologies for this relatively long thread!
    Please can anyone help me...

I have another couple of recording issues with my Sony RDR-GX210 unit.

I did my first recording from SKY this evening and:

1) picture quality from Sky via dvd is pretty bad;
    2) On playback of the recording, the image appears to be incomplete, and jumping from frame to frame....it looks like it is moving very slowly...there does not appear to be any sound either?

Can anyone help with above?

Issue could be that my DVD Recorder is attached to Sky and TV (for purposes of receiving signal for recording only) via standard RF Cables. This is mainly due to the fact that my DVD Recorder is on my seperates stack which is "on the other side" of our fireplace to the TV, and as such I dont have the space to make these connections via thicker scart leads - from a cable management perspective. I assume that this is a big issue for recording?

Maybe I should return the DVD Recorder to sit with the TV, and use SCART connections - would this improve things?

The main reason DVD is on seperates stack is due to lack of space where TV sits - only enough room for TV and one other unit - which is where Sky+ box sits. May have to look at this.....

For information - Using DV/I.Link with my Sony HandyCAM to record onto DVD works great....just cant seem to record TV programmes to DVD without the above issues....

(I am using 2.4x DVD+RW media...mainly due to fact that manual states this is max recording speed of unit)

Can anyone give me any general advice on this....?
    I am pretty new to DVD Recording!

Thanks in advance.

2. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You have to use the best source.

So returning the recorder to the TV area is the best option.

You'll be limited to recording the TV as "RF," but should use a scart (in) to record Sky.

The recordings should then be excellent.

3. stevecc

stevecc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats great, thanks for your help.