1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd recording from integrated freeview

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by edmerger, Mar 13, 2005.

1. edmerger

edmerger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a pioneer DVR420 to go with my sharp LC22AD1E tv with integrated DVB. How do I set them up so that all freeview channels can be viewed/recorded through the dvd recorder? At the moment only BBC1 to Channel 5 can be recorded. I assume I have to link out from the tv to the dvd recorder and then back again, but how?

Thanks, edmerger

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The recorder needs a signal into L1 (AV2) to record from your TV tuner.

If you have a scart on your TV that will output RGB or s-video for recording, connect this to AV2. You need to check your TV manual for this. L1 is the recording 'source'.
    Connect AV1 to a TV scart-in that accepts RGB or s-video for playback.

- You will not be able to record one digital channel and watch another.
    - You will not be able to watch analogue and record digital unless your TV has two tuners and can send the digital tuner signal to the recorder while you watch the analogue signal.
    - You can watch digital on the TV and record analogue from the 420 internal tuner.
    - You will at least have to leave your TV in standby to record from its digital tuner. It may need to be turned on. Check the manual.

3. edmerger

edmerger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks eddyad. having re-read the manual it seems that my tv has no scart out, only in. damn. i've also scouted around various forums and it might just be better for me to get a freeview box just for the dvdr. cheers anyway, edmerger