DVD Recording - Advice required..

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pauliepie, Nov 18, 2004.

1. pauliepie

pauliepie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have recently got married and had our wedding video put on dvd.

Can I copy this dvd on a dvd recorder so I can give a copy to members of family, or do i have to take it to a shop?

cheers
    paul :smoke:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
    The easiest way is to use a PC DVD burner: extract the files from the DVD using a (free) programme called DVD Decrypter (easily found by doing a Google search) and then burn to DVD-R using your normal burning software.

Failing that you could use a standalone DVD recorder: hook the RGB Scart output of a DVD player to the RGB Scart input of a DVD recorder and record the contents as required. You can't do this with commercial DVDs due to copy protection but it's perfectly possible for your own disks. However you copy will be second generation and an analogue copy so will not retain the original menus etc.

3. tdale

tdale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As your wedding DVD is not copyrighted, just use Nero to copy it. Or use DVDShrink to copy it to your PC, then make a copy off that anytime you like, or just use Nero to make an image. Don;t use a DVD Recorder, you will be making a second generation copy, by encoding it again

4. ernet

ernet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ..... or make a backup using stanadlone DVD Recorder e.g. Pioneer. Unfortunately not all DVD recorders are able to do that,