Dvd Recorders

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dylanlewis2000, Jan 3, 2005.

1. dylanlewis2000

dylanlewis2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: help me please!

I have just purchased a sony RDR-GX300. I cannot get the disks produced by this machine to play in any other DVD player i have, even the computer will not read the disks. Is there a menu that needs to be set or soemthing in order for disks to be read in other DVD players. Please help me as i have been through about 25 disks today and not one of them work on other DVD players!

Thanks in advance :mad:

2. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    You probably either need to finalise the disc or use a different program to view the files.
    VideoLan media player (free) plays almost anything.
    If you need to author a dvd then TMPGenc DVD Author is a very good and easy to use program.

3. dylanlewis2000

dylanlewis2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

but how do you do that on the DVD player. Is it common for people not to be able to play a disk that is recorded in a DVD Recorder? This is really annoying me and upsetting me lol

4. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    You don't you do it on the recorder.

Yes, if the disc is not finalised. Can also be caused my media incompatablilty. Sometimes it's trial and error. When you find media that works stick with it.

RTM

5. martythesparky

martythesparky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dylan, I had the same problem yesterday. I was using dvd-ram discs to record on my panasonic dmr-e55, fine playing them back through the recorder but not on PC,Xbox or a different dvd player.

I had to buy dvd-r discs, record onto them then 'finalize' the disc to convert it to dvd-video. How to finalize was in the operating instructions.

As for annoying you............yes i know what you mean :laugh:

6. dylanlewis2000

dylanlewis2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol thanks guys