dvd recorders

S

SHAUNY

with the price of stand alone dvd recorders coming down approx £300 can i connect my camcorder to one and very very easily produce a dvd of my holidays etc

Yes, but to differing levels of quality etc.
If your camcorder is digital and therefore has a DV output then you can get a few models with DV inputs that will give you full quality capture. Most models of DVD recorders tend to not have a DV input, therefore you will only be able to capture by composite (Yuk!) or S-Video (not on all recorders) which is analogue and therefore will be lower quality. This will be just like copying a video etc to DVD and therefore very easy, but will have limited editing etc options.

Mark.

You would be best to get a £100 DVD burner on your PC and edit the footage and then burn it to a disk. Much easier to do.

Yes, installing a dvd burner in your computer might be easier, but if you don't already have a dvd recorder deck, they're one of the joys of life, compared to the old hat vcr. I know it's a little extra work, but when you're done editing your footage on your computer, you can then feed it back into your dv camcorder and then download it onto one of the many dvd recorders on the market. I prefer using the Panasonic HS-2, which has a 40 gig hard drive. Once it's on the hard drive, you can further edit your footage and then dub it onto a blank dvd-r disc.
Either way it's nice to have choices.

Tunesman.

Originally posted by geeWcee
You would be best to get a £100 DVD burner on your PC and edit the footage and then burn it to a disk. Much easier to do.

Capturing footage into a PC, then process a file conversion to MPEG2, followed by actually burning to disk-easier than connecting a cam to a DVD recorder and pressing two buttons.

Easier or quicker? With windows 98 or XP and NTFS?Nope! Would it look better edited? Probably yes.

Horses for courses.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom