DVD Recorders with TiVo software

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Messiah, Dec 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
  2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Here we go again! USA get a new TiVo product and everybody with the old Thomson TiVo in the UK starts drooling.
    The Pioneer DVD-R with TiVo basic software has been available for a while now and even people on the Tivocommunity forum are asking 'when' it will be available here. Well I'm certainly not holding my breath, and I doubt many others over there are either. I'm not just being pesamistic, but I think TiVo UK would make such a song and dance about any new product long before its release that it would be near impossible to miss.

Although having said all that, yes I would love to see a TiVo relaunch in the UK and the TiVo Basic software option does make it a lot more 'acceptable' to joe public by not needing to pay a subscription for the new box. So not never, just not soon :rolleyes: (or if useing Gary Sargents meaning of the word soon perhaps that should read: not never, but soon :devil: ).

Mark.