dvd recorders with progressive scan??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cockneyboy, Nov 27, 2003.

1. cockneyboy

cockneyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Guys

I have just invested in Panasonic 6 Plasma screen but have an old DVD player which is incapable of progressive scan.

I want to upgrade to one that does, but am tempted to get a DVD recorder. However I do not know if they can produce progressive scan.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

2. JAMBO

JAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dicksons have a DVD Recorder with progressive scan. Think it's a Grundig, but not certain. Didn't know they existed, till the other day. It wasn't particularly expensive either (it had no price tag attached, but a member of staff assured me it was £199, though info given by their staff has been known to be incorrect) !! Not too sure about the quality though.

3. ivanwilson

ivanwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, Jambo is right it's a Grundig +RW recorder. I thought it looked pretty good, there were 3 sold while I was in the shop. Much nicer styling (in my opinion) than the Mico in Sainsburys. Progressive scan, component out; also optical and coax audio out, MP3, Kodak CD, and some other things.

I think it has the potential to be a winner and wait to see some reviews.