1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorders Locked controls

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bazz2k, Jun 10, 2005.

1. bazz2k

bazz2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I recently bought a Goodmans dvdr. When i connected it, i couldn't find a welcome screen and none of the buttons respond ie, eject won't eject.
    I got a replacement and that did the same.I paid £50 more and got a Philips and that did the same.
    My tv is 10 years old and has one scart lead and one ariel socket.I also use a NTL box.
    Idid try the dvdr contected solely to the tv but still had the problem.
    1) A panasonic guy said they must have been broken and a panasonic dvdr would work.
    2) The Goodmans tech guy said, "Dear Sir,
    The unit is most likely to be waiting for the time and date settings to be made on the TV screen. Please make sure that you can see something on the TV screen ( you may need to press the AV button on your TV remote".
    After numerous tunings I couldn't see the welcome screen!!
    3) Could it be the dvdr is waiting for a certain code from my tv which, because if its age wont come, to unlock the buttons?

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    No.....As you have had the same problem with 3 different machines I think you can safely assume the fault lies with your TV or more likely the connection between the TV and DVD recorder.
    How do you have it connected?, by scart?, have you tried a different scart lead?
    What is the make and model number of your TV?

3. bazz2k

bazz2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I connect with a ariel lead and a scart (av) to the back of the tv.
    The make is a Panasonic TX C78 (probably 10 years old).
    I tried different leads attached to the tv, including the scart lead provided with the dvd recorder.
    Any more suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks