1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd recorders at present?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lee28, Jul 2, 2004.

1. lee28

lee28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could someone please confirm that at present it is not possible to copy the dolby digital signal or dts signal fron a dvd player or sky +,

I am a lover of dvd and would like to back up some great films but feel the lack of this sound would greatly spoil the film's for me and i would'nt want to watch them. are there any recorders due? and does this mean that if i was to purchase a player at present then i would only get a two channel recording?

thanks for any comments lee

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes if you brought a player at present you would only record in DD 2.0.
    If you are a lover of DVD then surely you already have the film!!!???
    However you are able to backup DVD's on a PC (with the right software and DVD drives) with the full DD sound.

I believe there is a Philips recorder due which will recorder the 5.1 sound (when transmitted - so only sky plus)

Regards

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    Assuming there will be 5.1 recorders out soon, would this mean that it would cut down the capacity of the DVD ? My thought is that if more space is taken up by the sound, then you'd be able to fit less on the disc.

4. lee28

lee28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any idea where i can find out more info on this recorder, or any future DD recorders, im asuming that they will just have a optical imput yes?