DVD Recorders and SubTitles

P

pinatubo

My assistant in work has severe hearing problems.She currently uses a 3 year old Panasonic VHS recorder (NV750?), which can record subtitles ,to record TV programs.
She is considering moving over to recordable DVD since VCRs like the Panasonic which can record subtitles are no longer available.

Do any of the current generation of DVD recorders record subtitles? - be it from analogue terrestrial,Sky or Freeview.

The RNID have no information on the subject.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Sky Digital and (some) Freeview units allow you to put subtitles up on screen. These would be recorded by any VHS or DVDR although they would obviously been fixed on the picture - you would never be able to turn them off once recorded.

If you can get hold of one then TiVo will record via analogue TV the subtitles that can be switched on and off as required.

Mark.

I can confirm what Rasczak said as my 8 year old daughter is deaf and we have the subtitles on sky all the time and are recorded to whatever media you have.WYSIWYG.
And yes wouldn't be able to turn them of once recorded but you don't want to anyway(stuff anyone else).
They have subtitles on just about every channel and if you check in the early hours(i am a night shift taxi driver and get in at some funny times) a few channels sign(even the cartoon channels)
You don't need any special VHS when recording subtiles on sky,
any old VHS does the job.
I also have a loop system in my living room which RNID will fit for free(if you don't ask you don't get).

Hambone

DVDCAM:smashin:

pinatubo

SVHS recorders are able to record the additional information for sub-titles and she would then be able to switch on or off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom