1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorders and Freeview

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Simon6776, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm looking for a DVD Recorder, which can either be triggered to record from a Freeview box timer (Nokia), or better still, can control a set top box to switch channels etc, with the DVD Recorder timer. Any suggestions?

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    I have a Panasonic TUCT30 freeview box and a Panasonic E50 recorder.

The freeview box has to change the chanels itself. The recorder cannot change the freeview bix channels itself. I set the timers on the freeview box and then press external link on the recorder. As the freeview box changes channels, the recorder starts and stops the recordings.

However, this is hit and miss with non panasonic freeview boxes. I tried a Sagem and a Philips freeview box and the recorder didn't like it. The timer didn't activate properly.

I don't think you will get a DVD Recorder to change the channels on a freeview box.

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hmmm... that's interesting. I didn't realise the Panny STB's had timer facilities. I suppose I could do it that way, but I'd be surprised if none of the DVD Recorders have STB control.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    The new TUCT30 has a 24 event timer. The old TUCT20 does not. It also other things like two scarts and is 7 day EPG ready.