DVD recorder with VGA out

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jwillans, Oct 18, 2005.

1. jwillans

jwillans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any DVD recorders on the market with VGA out? I'd like to plug one directly into my PWD6 and also use it as a TV tuner.

Thanks,

James

2. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    I don't think there are, but if you get one with component out, you should be able to connect it to the VGA input of your PWD6 without a converter.

3. jwillans

jwillans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dave - component would work well. Would it make sense to use something like a Panasonic DMRES10 as a TV tuner as well? Never used a DVD recorder so not fully familiar with how these work. Are there any DVD recorders that support tuning into freeview channels?

James

4. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    James,

This is exactly what I am doing at the moment. I have just bought a Sony HXD710, which I am using as a Freeview TV tuner for my PWD6.

The Panasonic you mention will work fine, but it does not have a Freeview tuner.

If you are looking at a DVD recorder, I would highly recommend one with an HDD. IF you are mainly time-shifting TV programmes, you are likely to find you will use the HDD a great deal more than the DVD. It is still good to have the DVD for archiving stuff though!

5. jwillans

jwillans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave,

Thanks again, the HXD710 looks ideal but is a little bit pricy for my current means. I think I'll wait until it comes down in price. However I'm very please to know that there is technology out there that will do this job.

James

6. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    I wouldn't be surprised to see these come down fairly significantly after Christmas.