1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD recorder with RGB input - help !

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ian Ball, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Ian Ball

Ian Ball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My dvd recorder has two scarts - one is RGB input/output and the other other is non RGB. My sky plus box has RGB output from tv scart and non RGB from the VCR scart.
    One only has to toggle the RGB/PAL button on the sky menu to see the much better picture RGB output gives when directly connecting the sky box to my TV.
    My question is does the dvd recorder actually record the better quality. I have connected the sky box to the dvd recorder using the recorders RGB input scart and recorded a program and likewise have recorded the same program using the non-RGB scart and can't tell any difference - both seemingly of PAL rather than RGB quality.

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You don't say what make.model you have.
    The usual arrangement is for one scart to be designated for input (from tuner) and the other output (TV-out).
    You should be able to specify the input type you want to use for recording on the set-up menu somewhere.
    The input/output scart is usually the TV output. It will also act as a composite input so that you can record what you are watching on the TV (uses bi-directional facilities of scart)