1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder with HD for less than 300 ?? Help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by armando1065, Sep 30, 2005.

1. armando1065

armando1065
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Very knew to this forum lark and also not that great technically - basically im about to buy the 32 inch Samsung 41BDX or 32 Tosihba WL56 (both Hi def) tv this weekend and need a dvd recorder with a hard disk.

Not sure which one i need, i saw the Panasonic DMR-EH50 in Currys which looked quite simple to use and not that techy as im not going to be doing that much editing etc etc - wouldnt mind putting some videos onto dvd though to get some space back. Any ideas ? Any help really welcome.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    The E50 is a very well respected recorder and would be perfect for transfering your videos to DVD. I did this with my E85 (previous version from Panasonic to the E50) and got very good results, transfering to the hard drive first and then doing any edits on the hard drive before dubbing to DVD. For security I made a couple of copies of each as I have thrown away the original tapes.

3. armando1065

armando1065
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks,

Just wondering if i should be loking for one with a hi def output or input ??

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    I don't think they exist yet and I think it will be a couple of years before they exist in mainstream recorders, although someone may correct me on this !