• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

dvd recorder with hard disk

bigscreencrazy

Novice Member
hi folks,

just thinking of buying this , can original disc copy and store in hard disk? actually i do not need dvd to dvd recording as i find more easy to do so in PC.
i also find copying TV , sky to sky plus( as you have large HDD).

any suggestions please?

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
dvd recorder with hard disk
Which model in particular? There are dozens and dozens of HDD/DVDR combis. The best, by far, are those from Panasonic, Toshiba and Pioneer. The Sony ones are also very good but with a few important aspects you need to note. The JVC range are excellent but as they lack RGB input most Sky/Freeview users have to discount them. Models from Philips and Liteon are best avoided.

redsox_mark

Distinguished Member
The Toshiba XS32 can record, and do it well, from TV, DV, or external video sources.

When you say “can original dvd stored in hard disk” – not sure what you mean, but no DVD recorder will copy a copyrighted/commercial DVD to the hard disk. You can copy a non-commercial DVD to the HDD.

Mark

bigscreencrazy

Novice Member
my point is that i am being spoiled by sky plus, put original copyright movie dvd to hard disk so that u can watch and re watch if you like. otherwise what is the point of buying dvd recorder whereas you can do everying on PC.( ie better editing, dvd decrypter,nero recode, dvd shrink so on}

Nick_UK

Banned
I've just upgraded my Panasonic E50 DVD Recorder to a E95 DVD/HDD Combo machine, and I'm very impressed. It is available from some sellers in Multiregion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom