DVD recorder with good NTSC playback?

SuperGoku

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to purchase a good DVD recorder, I have the Sony DVP NS76H DVD player which has HDMI upscaler but mostly my PAL DVDs look better than my NTSC DVDs when played on my 32" HD TV using the Sony NS76h, i know PAL is technically better than NTSC but i heard this sony player isnt very good with NTSC, so im looking for a good dvd recorder which good ntsc playback, i think Sony RDR GX350, or LG DR 289H or Hitachi DV-DS253 are good choices since they have HDMI connections, but i need advice on which has excellent NTSC playback and recording quality, thanks to all who help, any other dvd recorder reccomendations are welcome.

:)

No advice so far? Thats fine, I think the Sony RDR GX350 is a good recorder, there are recorders out there with hard drives, which probably arent as good, such as Sony RDR HXD560/HD 525 or Sony RDR HX870/HXD890, so im just trying to balance out the advantages of the hard drive vs the overall superiority of the Sony RDR GX350, such as NTSC to PAL conversion, better recording quality etc, a hard drive would be no different to recording onto DVD so does the features of the Sony RDR GX350 warrant a purchase over the HDD models? Thanks.:)

A unit with a HDD is alot more flexible than one without.

NTSC wise, you say that it is not very good NTSC playback.

I find that hard to believe as NTSC is the video standard for Japan. Are you sure you are not viewing as PAL60?

A unit with a HDD is alot more flexible than one without.

NTSC wise, you say that it is not very good NTSC playback.

I find that hard to believe as NTSC is the video standard for Japan. Are you sure you are not viewing as PAL60?

Hi

Yep, the DVDs are American which are also NTSC, mostly my PAL UK/Australia DVDs look better on my 32" HD TV using the Sony DVP-NS76H DVD player, but that is for Japanese Anime.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom