1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner (Tosh RDXS34?) + Cable

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by howardmg, Jan 6, 2005.

1. howardmg

howardmg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Would be grateful if someone could explain how a DVD recorder with a digital tuner would work with a cable (Telewest) box. At the moment my only source of a signal is via cable - roof aerial signal is hopeless.

Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to use the digital tuner and EPG options, unless I sort out my aerial?

Without this, would the recorder be able to control the cable box channels via the timer? Think I've seen that the Toshiba RDXS32 can do this.

I plan to wait (if I can hold on that long) for the Toshiba RDXS34 in March - mainly because of HDMI and the 7 day EPG option.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,257
    Yes - you would need to sort your reception prior to using the internal tuner of the RDXS34 to record Freeview and to receive the associated EPG.

Obviously we haven't seen the RDXS34 is operation yet but on the assumption that the RDXS34 builds upon the core design of the RDXS32 (and as that did on the RDXS30) then you will still be able to control your cable box via a manual timer. The RDXS34 EPG will be for the internal Freeview channels only.