DVD recorder with £250 budget opinions & advice please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cyberdaz, Jul 23, 2005.

1. cyberdaz

cyberdaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi , :clap: ive approx £250 to spend on a dvd recorder ,with hdd , ive been looking a lot on the internet and there is soo much choice out there ,i just need guidence for a decent recorder .
    I hope to get an Xbox 360 (to use as a dvd player) to utilise the HD technology on my HDready Samsung DLP , so what im looking for now is something to record sky,some old camcorder stuff and play mp3s and slideshows .
    Multiregion would be a bonus ,as with DVD-RAM (will i need it ?), 80gig HD isnt too small for me , and i'd like to be able to play around with the timeslip functions n that .
    so far ive seen the toshiba rdx34 ... hitachi dv rx7000e ... and a cpl of panasonics under £300 , .... is the DMR-es10 good enough?
    thanks too all for looking :thumbsup:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Have a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' link in my signature for basic advice. If you want a HDD/DVDR combi the popular/good choices are the Panasonic EH50, Sony RDR510, Toshiba RDXS34 and the Pioneer 433/530. Which one suits you best will depend upon whether your camcorder is digital or not. The Panasonic and Hitachi models you mention (RX7000 and ES10) do not have a HDD.

3. cyberdaz

cyberdaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks ive already had a good read thru the link , ive popped into comet just for a nosey and spotted a DVD-R125 and its hdmi ready so i got that one , hope ive got something decent lol