1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Recorder, what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Janetp, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Janetp

Janetp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not a stupid person. I have been taping from a VCR for years. I just bought a Sanyo DVD recorder and after a week of banging my head against a wall and memorizing this instruction book, I still can not record. My main problem is, I don't know what they are asking when they want Tuner, TV/DVd and what inputs I am supposed to use on the tv remote and the DVD remote. I would appreciate and advice. I have cable coming from wall to DVD then to TV. I am using the red/white/yellow connections. What am I doing wrong?

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    The Sanyo DVDR is basically just a Vcr but uses Discs instead of tapes to give a much higher quality recording.
    Connect the Tv to the Sanyo DVDR with a scart lead (does your Tv have scart sockets?) and if your Tv is on when you switch on the DVDR the Tv should automatically switch to the DVDR.
    To record use the Sanyo DVDR remote and select "Tuner".........have you tuned it in to the Tv channels?

3. ktng

ktng
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you need to post a bit more info to allow us to help you. What sort of cable comes from the wall - are we talking cable (ntl/telewest) or aerial. What connections have you got between the the dvd and tv - it sounds like you have aerial and red/white/yellow; but are there any scarts in use/available.

Can you play back commercial dvd's from the Sanyo through your TV. If you don't have a scart connection between the Sanyo and your TV it will not autoswitch and so you will need to select the appropriate external connection via your TV's remote contol (difficult to say what button as you don't say what TV you have). If you can play back commercial dvd's do you get normal TV channels displaid when you stop/eject the dvd (ie is the DVD recorder tuned in as JayCee asks)